Met with the ICU doctor. She feels Jeremy should resume the tube feeds and get meds by his feeding tube. The X-rays gave no indication that he wouldn’t be able to handle that. This is good news.
Jeremy has spent most of the day off the ventilator. They don’t have any plans to put him back on unless he seems to need it but overall he is doing well. I don’t expect him to get fitted with a cap for his trach over the weekend but am glad the doctors are anticipating Jeremy will be strong enough not to need the ventilator for now.
We are still in the place of watching and waiting but we have not received any news today beyond what the doctors believe they can manage. God is good.